The TRIPLE project was launched in October 2019. The acronym TRIPLE stands for “Transforming Research through Innovative Practices for Linked Interdisciplinary Exploration”. TRIPLE consists of a consortium of 19 partners from 13 European countries and is coordinated from France by the Research Infrastructure Huma-Num, a unit of the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS). Project and scientific coordinator is Suzanne Dumouchel, who is also Co-coordinator of OPERAS and Member of the Board of Directors of the EOSC Association. She is supported by the TRIPLE team with currently around 90 staff members working in one or more of the 8 work packages.
At the heart of the project is the development of the GOTRIPLE platform, an innovative multilingual and multicultural discovery solution. It will be one of the dedicated services of OPERAS, the Research Infrastructure supporting open scholarly communication in the social sciences and humanities (SSH) in the European Research Area.
Detailed Funding Information
The TRIPLE project is financed under the Horizon 2020 Framework Programme with approx. 5.6 million Euros for a duration of 42 months (2019-2023).
- H2020 parent programme: “Developing the European research infrastructures for 2020 and beyond”
- Programme: H2020-EU.220.127.116.11. – “Development, deployment and operation of ICT-based e-infrastructures”
- Topic: INFRAEOSC-02-2019 “Prototyping new innovative services”
- Funding scheme: RIA – Research and Innovation action
- Grant agreement number: 863420
- Call for proposal: H2020-INFRAEOSC-2019-1
You can find official EU information on the TRIPLE project on the Community Research and Development Information Service (CORDIS) platform, the European Commission’s primary source of results from the projects funded by the EU’s framework programmes for Research and Innovation: https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/863420.
The GOTRIPLE Platform
Based on the Isidore search engine developed by the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS), the GOTRIPLE platform will provide a single access point for users (researchers, institutions such as universities and libraries, but also enterprises, consultancies, media and service providers)
- to discover and reuse open scholarly SSH resources, i.e. research data and publications, which are currently scattered across local repositories;
- to find and connect with other researchers and projects across disciplinary and language boundaries;
- to make use of innovative tools to support research (e.g. visualisation, annotation, trust building and recommender system);
- to discover new ways of funding research (e.g. crowdfunding).
Find more information here: https://project.gotriple.eu/gotriple-platform/.
The GOTRIPLE platform will be accessible via the link http://gotriple.eu/ as soon as the beta version is released in autum 2021.
Goals and Impacts
TRIPLE supports SSH research in Europe
- to gain visibility;
- to be more efficient and effective;
- to improve its reuse within the SSH and beyond;
- to significantly increase the economic and societal impact of SSH resources.
- imagines new ways to conduct, connect and discover research;
- facilitates interdisciplinary projects and large-scale scientific collaborations;
- supports scientific, industrial and societal applications of SSH science;
- promotes cultural and linguistic diversity within Europe;
- connects researchers and projects with other stakeholders: citizens, policy makers, companies, enabling them to take part in joint research projects and to address some of their issues.
The project’s final goal is to integrate the discovery solution, which will be fully operationable by 2023, into the EOSC marketplace.
For information about the TRIPLE governance, click here: https://project.gotriple.eu/governance/
For information about the TRIPLE work packages, click here: https://project.gotriple.eu/work-packages/
TRIPLE in the EOSC
For information about TRIPLE in the EOSC, click here: https://project.gotriple.eu/triple-in-the-eosc/
For information material about the TRIPLE project such as leaflets, TRIPLE logo & symbol and document templates, click here: https://project.gotriple.eu/information-material/