Open Call for Papers
Improving Discovery and Collaboration in Open Science
Final TRIPLE conference, 1–3 February 2023 in Bonn, Germany
Since 2019 the TRIPLE project has been developing the multilingual discovery platform GoTriple, aiming to facilitate interdisciplinary research and foster collaboration. The platform provides a central access point for users to explore, find, access and reuse Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH) materials at European scale (data and publications, researcher’s profiles, projects). Users can find appropriate resources to support their own research and develop collaborative and interdisciplinary projects: different innovative tools are plugged to the platform to enhance the overall user experience. Data are automatically and continuously harvested with the active support of a vocabulary containing 11 languages for both resources and classification capabilities. GoTriple is part of the EOSC catalogue powered by the OPERAS Research Infrastructure.
GoTriple is dedicated to address pressing challenges Social Sciences and Humanities face: data and research results are scattered along the lines of various disciplines, languages, catalogues and repositories, and collaboration – among researchers, enterprises and citizens alike – is hindered. The service and its features are intended to soften and, eventually, overcome the borders that separate disciplines and researchers from each other.
By providing a multilingual vocabulary, the creation of an open source API to enrich data and thereby offering an interdisciplinary, multilingual discovery service, GoTriple is intended to work as an intersection between various stakeholders in academia and society, enhance the low visibility of SSH results and improve their impact.
The final TRIPLE conference focuses on the potential, challenges and possibilities that arise out of these endeavors for Open Science in SSH and beyond.
We invite you to sent in abstracts on topics and questions for 20-minute presentations and 90-minute workshops, such as:
- Innovation and innovative services in SSH
- Depending on discipline and theoretic approach, what is deemed ,innovative’ may differ. We want to explore the meaning of innovation in Open Science and SSH and to what end it can be explored.
- Multilingualism in SSH
- We want to explore the role of multilingualism in discovery and collaboration. Topics to be addressed here could be vocabularies, multilingualism in several disciplines etc.
- (Crowd)Funding in Open Science
- How to gain funding for a research project is always a crucial question. We seek to explore the intertwinement of funding opportunities, societal impact and the possibilities offered by seemingly new ways of funding like crowdfunding.
- Sustainability, Research Infrastructures and Open Science
- The maintenance of research infrastructures, platforms and services in Open Science needs sustainable solutions that explore new governance and funding models that are coherent with the vision of Open Science. Potential papers could investigate the challenges and possibilities of sustainable governance in Open Science, discuss the very idea of sustainability of data, resources and services.
- The importance of international and interdisciplinary collaboration for science is steadily growing. How can collaboration among researchers, various stakeholders, services, infrastructures look like, how can collaboration be enabled and facilitated? Can the SSH (e.g. technologically, conceptually) provide solutions and ideas for the formal and natural sciences and vice versa?
- Metadata and Data Quality
- Aligned vocabularies, interoperability of varying data types and linked open data are key topics in today’s discussion about metadata and data quality. How are the SSH impacted by these discussions? How do they benefit and evolve? How do these topics connect the SSH to scientific disciplines outside the SSH?
- Any other topics related and of importance to Collaboration and Discovery in Open Science.
Abstracts no longer than 250 words and a short biographical note (which should be added to the Comment section) can be submitted via https://triple2023.sciencesconf.org/submission/submit until the 4th of December.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the TRIPLE team via email@example.com.